On 8/8/2016 07:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote: > On 2016-08-05 18:15, JonY wrote: >> I have just updated the mingw-w64 cross compilers Cygwin 32bit and 64bit. >> >> This version is considered testing and has --enable-vtable-verify set. >> I'd consider moving it to stable if it can build non-trivial C++ >> applications. > > I had no issues compiling a few different projects with this release, > however enabling this configure flag means that linking C++ with -static > does not work because libstdc++.a then requires VTV symbols. Also, note > that neither Fedora's nor (AFAICS) Debian's native gcc enable this > feature, so I don't know how much exposure it has received yet. > > I would recommend rebuilding a 5.4.0-2 without this configure flag, and > releasing it as stable. > >> ==== PLEASE RECOMPILE ALL YOUR C++ CODE FOR ABI COMPATIBILITY ==== > > Until this is stable and mingw-based C++ packages have been recompiled, > -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 can be used as a workaround. > OK then, I'll redo the build without the vtable-verify flag.