* Consequences of mount -c
@ 2016-06-24 10:55 Fergus
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Fergus @ 2016-06-24 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin ML; +Cc: Fergus

I have set
/bin/mount -c "/"
in ‎~/.bashrc with many subsequent easements in use.
In /usr/share/fonts/microsoft/ there are unfortunately
multiple links referring to files in
/cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts/; all broken.
Similarly in‎ /etc/, several links pointing to files in
/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/; all broken.
I've only just noticed this. I don't much want to remove the mount -c instruction. Is there anything else that can be done to correct things?
Fergus‎
‎‎

* Re: Consequences of mount -c
@ 2016-06-24 12:54 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-06-24 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 24/06/2016 11:52, Fergus wrote:
> I have set
> /bin/mount -c "/"
> in ‎~/.bashrc with many subsequent easements in use.
> In /usr/share/fonts/microsoft/ there are unfortunately
> multiple links referring to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts/; all broken.
> Similarly in‎ /etc/, several links pointing to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/; all broken.
> I've only just noticed this. I don't much want to remove the mount -c instruction. Is there anything else that can be done to correct things?
> Fergus‎
> ‎‎

if you use mount in ‎~/.bashrc, it is too late for postinstall script
like

/etc/postinstall/zp_fontconfig_cache_1.sh

Use /etc/fstab

------------------------------------
# For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
# http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

none / cygdrive binary 0 0
------------------------------------

and run again
/etc/postinstall/zp_fontconfig_cache_1.sh

Regards
Marco

* Re: Consequences of mount -c
@ 2016-06-24 13:32 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-06-24 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Fergus <fergus <at> bonhard.uklinux.net> writes:
> I have set
> /bin/mount -c "/"
> in ‎~/.bashrc with many subsequent easements in use.
> In /usr/share/fonts/microsoft/ there are unfortunately
> multiple links referring to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts/; all broken.
> Similarly in‎ /etc/, several links pointing to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/; all broken.
> I've only just noticed this. I don't much want to remove the mount -c
instruction. Is there anything else
> that can be done to correct things?

These links should all go through /proc/cygdrive, really.  However, the
option to make it so (-U) hasn't been in cygpath for very long, so it's not
used yet in the postinstall.  The next release of base-files will use this
option, so the problems in /etc will be gowing away.  The postinstall script
for fontconfig, xinit and WindowMaker should be treated similarly (there may
be others that I haven't on my system).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Consequences of mount -c
@ 2016-06-25  6:21 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2016-06-25  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fergus, cygwin

Greetings, Fergus!

> I have set
> /bin/mount -c "/"
> in ‎~/.bashrc with many subsequent easements in use.

Do that in /etc/fstab
The example is at the very top of it.
Uncomment and change the mount path as you see fit.

> In /usr/share/fonts/microsoft/ there are unfortunately
> multiple links referring to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts/; all broken.
> Similarly in‎ /etc/, several links pointing to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/; all broken.
> I've only just noticed this. I don't much want to remove the mount -c
> instruction. Is there anything else that can be done to correct things?

If I understand it right, all you need is to re-run fontconfig after changing
the mount path.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin