* manpage searches "^\s+keyword\s" vs. ???
@ 2019-01-28  1:47 L A Walsh
From: L A Walsh @ 2019-01-28  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've always used "^\s+keyword\s" as a way to search for some
keyword starting a section.

On linux it still works, but on cygin it doesn't like '\s' as
symbol for white space.

Any idea why there might be a difference?

I note an option that could do similar in less -- '&pattern'
turns OFF single special characters, I tried that on linux
and it turned off the '\s' matching space.  That's nice..um
how about other way?

Well didn't know if there might be some other op to go the
other way, but didn't see anything.

any ideas?

thanks...