* Device ports on Cygwin for Kannel
@ 2009-09-10 18:55 Siddhartha` Adhikari
From: Siddhartha` Adhikari @ 2009-09-10 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi All,

I am trying to connect my Nokia 5310 mobile with the Kannel Gateway. I
am using Cygwin 1.5.25-15 on Windows Vista Business version.

My device gets attached to COM34 however, /dev/COM34 is not recognised
by Cygwin.

What are the valid COM ports for UNIX devices? And is there a
restriction for COM ports for Cygwin? (I read in one of the archives
that it is 16)?

Has anyone worked on Kannel with Cygwin?

Hoping for a response.

Thanks in advance
Sid

* R: Device ports on Cygwin for Kannel
@ 2009-09-10 19:09 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2009-09-10 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Siddhartha` Adhikari

> I am trying to connect my Nokia 5310 mobile with the Kannel
> Gateway. I
> am using Cygwin 1.5.25-15 on Windows Vista Business
> version.
>
> My device gets attached to COM34 however, /dev/COM34 is not
> recognised
> by Cygwin.
>
> What are the valid COM ports for UNIX devices? And is there
> restriction for COM ports for Cygwin? (I read in one of the
> archives
> that it is 16)?

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html

from cygwin-1.7 sources ,
up to /dev/ttyS63 = COM64 seems supported

> Has anyone worked on Kannel with Cygwin?
>
> Hoping for a response.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Sid

Marco

* R: Device ports on Cygwin for Kannel
@ 2009-09-10 20:26   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2009-09-10 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Siddhartha` Adhikari

have you tried cygwin-1.7 instead of 1.5 ?

> > I am trying to connect my Nokia 5310 mobile with the
> Kannel
> > Gateway. I
> > am using Cygwin 1.5.25-15 on Windows Vista Business
> > version.
> >
> > My device gets attached to COM34 however, /dev/COM34
> is not
> > recognised
> > by Cygwin.
> >
> > What are the valid COM ports for UNIX devices? And is
> there
> > restriction for COM ports for Cygwin? (I read in one
> of the
> > archives
> > that it is 16)?
> >

> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html
>
> from cygwin-1.7 sources ,
> up to /dev/ttyS63 = COM64 seems supported
>
> > Has anyone worked on Kannel with Cygwin?
> >
> > Hoping for a response.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Sid
> >

> Marco
>

> --
> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:
>    http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html

* Re: R: Device ports on Cygwin for Kannel
@ 2009-09-10 21:12   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-09-10 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Marco Atzeri wrote:

> --- Gio 10/9/09, Siddhartha` Adhikari ha scritto:

>> My device gets attached to COM34 however, /dev/COM34 is not
>> recognised by Cygwin.

> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html
>
> from cygwin-1.7 sources ,
> up to /dev/ttyS63 = COM64 seems supported

  An important point that is only implicit there: the ttyS number is always
one less than the COM port number.  So for COM34, use /dev/ttyS33.

    cheers,
      DaveK