* Removing cygdrive access
@ 2004-08-02 21:39 Strader, William A.
       [not found] ` <2EC272FDBBCF7346A8CD13CCA508CEA101DAF96B@or-naismc-exs02.n aismc.com>
From: Strader, William A. @ 2004-08-02 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Hi there... I am new to the cygwin system and I was wondering... is there
anyway to remove the cygdrive access?  I am trying to lock the system down
and do not wish for the users to have access to browse my C Drive or my E
Drive...

Thanks,

Billy S.

* Re: Removing cygdrive access
       [not found] ` <2EC272FDBBCF7346A8CD13CCA508CEA101DAF96B@or-naismc-exs02.n aismc.com>
@ 2004-08-02 22:28   ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2004-08-02 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Strader, William A., 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

At 05:38 PM 8/2/2004, you wrote:
>Hi there... I am new to the cygwin system and I was wondering... is there
>anyway to remove the cygdrive access?  I am trying to lock the system down
>and do not wish for the users to have access to browse my C Drive or my E
>Drive...

Depends on how your users access your machine.  If it's through Cygwin
'ssh', then <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg02070.html> seems
like what you want.  If it's direct access from your machine, you handle
that by setting up the permissions on those drives in Windows.

Holliston, MA 01746

* RE: Removing cygdrive access
@ 2004-08-03  2:01 Strader, William A.
From: Strader, William A. @ 2004-08-03  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Cygwin List'

Excatly what I needed... Users will be SFTPing in and I don't want them to
have access to anything or see anything I don't want them to see...

Thanks,

Billy S.