From: Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Does Cygwin setup modify dlls?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:49:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 22/09/2017 17:31, Joachim Eibl wrote:
> Thank you for your answers.
>
>> This activity is performed by the script
>> /etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash
>
> Is there a possibility to avoid the rebasing, e.g. for certain folders?
> In my case the intention was to use the Cygwin installer only, but the files in the package are not dependent on cygwin libraries. So forking is not an issue.
>
> Best regards,
> Joachim

setup does not perform rebase.

It is a post installation phase, performed by a special
package.

$ cygcheck -l _autorebase
/etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash
/etc/preremove/_autorebase.sh
/usr/bin/rebase-trigger
/usr/bin/rebaselst
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/_autorebase.README

If you are not installing on the cygwin tree I see no issue.

Otherwise you can consider to patch the "_autorebase" package
to exclude some files/trees

Regards
Marco