On 2022/01/19 17:01, Ken Whitesell wrote: > On 1/19/2022 2:28 PM, Jon Turney wrote: > >> On 19/01/2022 00:02, Ken Whitesell wrote: >> >>> On 1/17/2022 1:29 PM, Ken Whitesell wrote: >>> >>> After more research and experimentation, it appears to be related to >>> one of xorg-server, xorg-server-common, or xorg-server-xorg. >>> >>> Installing the older version 1.20.12-1 of these packages allows the >>> windows to be moved between monitors without any issues. Upgrading to >>> the current version 21.1.3-1 creates the problems. I'm able to >>> replicate this behavior on two different laptops with two different >>> external monitors. >>> It seems likely that this is an unintended effect of changes in >> xorg-server 21.1.0-1, trying to fix problems in this area (See [1]) ---- I am seeing this issue or one very much like it on Win7x64 But I have 1.20.12-1 of xorg-server + xorg-server{,-common,-debuginfo}, but I do not have xorg-server-xorg installed *at all*. Mine has nothing to do with moving windows between monitors. I'm seeing truncated windows on my main monitor (2560x1440). My 2nd monitor is 1920x1080. ---- On boot, I start the Xserver by calling ~/bin/Xserver.sh I use a modified Xserver.sh script that was no longer being called due to a "Xserver.sh.lnk" being in ~/bin that pointed to the system script in /bin. Ooops. Upon fixing that problem, the problem of X-apps no longer updating correctly disappeared. My script has a few diffs and is missing the xauth stuff.. It's about 6 years old, and hasn't been cleaned up for public consumption, but it works. Point being, that for me, the problem seems to have been worked around in the startup script. Caveat -- my X-apps don't update in my 2nd window, so there's still some lemon in my setup, but I haven't taken the time to figure it out as my 2nd Screen is on the wall and used for video -- it's too far away for me to read text on it, so I haven't bothered to chase down the lack of updates (I can drag a window over to the 2nd screen and that displays fine, but Xupdates don't. Getting it to work properly might be a problem since the DPI on the 2nd monitor is different than on the 1st one. I hear Win10 has allowances for different DPI screens. Thw two Xwin.logs are from the cygwin startup script (.orig) and my startup script. The cygwin script seems end up sizing my 2560x1440 screen down to 1920x1080, which corresponds to the dead area in updating X-apps I was seeing. update