On 21.08.2020 10:35, Carlo B. via Cygwin wrote: > Hello, > I tried to rebuild glm-0.9.7.6-1-src.tar.xz but the "install" command > does not work. > I'm getting this error message: > >>>> Installing glm-0.9.7.6-1.noarch > make: *** Nessuna regola per generare l'obiettivo «install». Arresto. > *** ERROR: make install DESTDIR failed > > Translated in english, it should be something like this: > "No rules to generate target <>. Stop." > > I did NO changes to the files into glm-0.9.7.6-1-src.tar.xz. > Strangely, cygport cannot build the CYGWIN package, but it builds > mingw64-i686-glm and mingw64-x86_64-glm without errors. The CYGWIN and > MinGW-W64 scripts have some differences actually. > If somebody could check this, perhaps it would be good to also > evaluate the chance to update all GLM packages to a newer version. > The current source packages for all builds, CYGWIN and MinGW-W64, > include a patch for fixing a bug into the sources; nowadays, this bug > has been resolved into the official sources and into the latest > 0.9.9.8 version: > > https://github.com/g-truc/glm/blob/master/test/gtc/gtc_round.cpp#L451 > > so the packages could be also simplified, because they do not need a > patch anymore. > > I'm trying to update GLM because it is a required dependency for > building KiCad, an Open Source Electronics Design software, so I hope > that somebody could understand the first issue and also update the > package with a newer version. > > Sincerely, > -- the error is caused by the build system using now cmake+ninja for the execution while mingw64-i686-glm and mingw64-x86_64-glm builds stay on the previous cmake+make The attached modified glm.cygport works for me. Is glm-0.9.7.6-1 not enough for builing KiCad ? Regards Marco