* RE: problems with cygwin
@ 2004-05-06 12:10 Reid Thompson
From: Reid Thompson @ 2004-05-06 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tarun Sharma, Cygwin List, Hitanshu Gandhi; +Cc: cygwin

Try removing the -multiwindow parameter to XWin

reid

-
> XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
>
> wmaker fatal error: it seems that there is already a window
> manager running
>
> waiting for X server to shut down winClipboardProc - Call to select ()
> failed: -
> 1.  Bailing.
> winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded.
>
> winClipboardIOErrorHandler!

* problems with cygwin
@ 2004-05-05 23:56 Tarun Sharma
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Tarun Sharma @ 2004-05-05 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi
I have just installed cygwin on my Win XP system. But when I try to start
windowmaker then it justs says cant start x-server at 127.0.0.1:0.0 . I
tried few more things but couldnt succeed.
Ihe porblem I am thinking is related to some configuration. I also tried to
run XWin. which is running.And xterm can be connected to this.
Can anybody help me in this problem.
Some other question I want to ask is :
1. Can we have different users for cygwin. Because it just added one icon in
start menu by which I can just run cygwin's bash shell.

2. Some of the commands like more is not working on my system. I tried to
search it in /usr/bin but its not there.

Please update me about these problems
regards
-tarun

* problems with cygwin
@ 2003-04-25 14:01 poseso soy yo
From: poseso soy yo @ 2003-04-25 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I have some problems when I try to compile flite archives. I have windows
2000 like a operating system and cygwin-b20. When I put the instruction
"./configure" I have this problem:

bash-2.02$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

And the archive configure exists. Why appears this error? Cygwin find in
another directory?

Another question, where are cygwin-1.3.5 version? or another version of the
cygwin-b20 :P

* Re: problems with cygwin
@ 2000-06-13  7:22 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-06-13  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David DiSalvo, cygwin

This is a standard windows problem.  I believe there is an entry in the FAQ or
you could visit the Microsoft Help Center.

Earnie.
--- David DiSalvo <disalvo@ll.mit.edu> wrote:
> I installed cygwin but when I try to run it, I get the following error
> messages.
>
> Out of environment space
> Too many parameters
> Bad command or file name
>
> I have installed cygwin on a PC running windows 98.
> It was running just a few days ago but now it does not.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
>
> Dave DiSalvo
>

> --

=====
---