* mutt problems.
@ 2003-09-03 12:42 Noel Fitzpatrick
From: Noel Fitzpatrick @ 2003-09-03 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi,

I'm having trouble running mutt, I get the following error:

This application has failed to start because cygcrypto.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I've tried reinstalling mutt - but to no avail. I'm running Windows XP home
edition, it's mutt version 1.4.

I also have ssmtp installed. The problem seems to be genuine in that
cygcrypt.dll isn't installed anywhere on my machine. But I'm not sure how to
install it, it's doesn't seem to be an option to install it directly?

I've done some googl'ing but I haven't been able to come up with anything.

regards,
Noel.
--
Once upon a time, in a land far, far, away. There lived....

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 187 bytes --]

* Re: mutt problems.
@ 2003-09-03 13:25 ` Igor Pechtchanski
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-09-03 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noel Fitzpatrick; +Cc: cygwin

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Noel Fitzpatrick wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm having trouble running mutt, I get the following error:
>
> This application has failed to start because cygcrypto.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix the problem.
>
> I've tried reinstalling mutt - but to no avail. I'm running Windows XP home
> edition, it's mutt version 1.4.
>
> I also have ssmtp installed. The problem seems to be genuine in that
> cygcrypt.dll isn't installed anywhere on my machine. But I'm not sure how to
> install it, it's doesn't seem to be an option to install it directly?
>
> I've done some googl'ing but I haven't been able to come up with anything.
>
> regards,
> Noel.

Use the package search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to search for
"cygcrypto.dll", and install the corresponding package (it should have
been listed as a dependence for mutt -- have you manually unselected any
packages during the installation?).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Re: mutt problems.
@ 2003-09-03 14:21   ` Noel Fitzpatrick
From: Noel Fitzpatrick @ 2003-09-03 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks problem solved. I had to install OpenSSL 0.9.6 for it to work.

regards,
Noel.

--
Once upon a time, in a land far, far, away. There lived....

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 187 bytes --]

* Re: mutt problems.[Scanned]
@ 2003-09-15  2:39   ` Noel Fitzpatrick
From: Noel Fitzpatrick @ 2003-09-15  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin