* Problem with b18
@ 1997-10-14  6:21 Juha Jäykkä
From: Juha Jäykkä @ 1997-10-14  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I'm using an international keyboard (namely Finnish) with my computer and
the gnu-win32 BASH will not accept my backslash or bracket characters (or any
characters produced on a Finnish keyboard with the right "alt" button
pressed: @, £, $, {, [, ], }. \, ~ and |.) I consider these quite vital in
operating with a bash shell. I have tried to the "standard trick" of "stty
pass8" but it does me no good. Any other suggestions? (And since I'm not a
list subscriber, please answer me directly.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|
		| pgp-key: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/pgp.txt	|
S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Problem with b18
@ 1997-10-15  0:43 ` Jean-Luc.Parouty
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Jean-Luc.Parouty @ 1997-10-15  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32; +Cc: juolja

I have the same problem with a.. french keyboard!
if someone have a solution :-)
pjluc

Juha Jäykkä wrote:

> I'm using an international keyboard (namely Finnish) with my computer and
> the gnu-win32 BASH will not accept my backslash or bracket characters (or any
> characters produced on a Finnish keyboard with the right "alt" button
> pressed: @, £, $, {, [, ], }. \, ~ and |.) I consider these quite vital in
> operating with a bash shell. I have tried to the "standard trick" of "stty
> pass8" but it does me no good. Any other suggestions? (And since I'm not a
> list subscriber, please answer me directly.

-

* Re: Problem with b18
@ 1997-10-15 20:01   ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-15 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Luc.Parouty; +Cc: gnu-win32, juolja

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Jean-Luc.Parouty wrote:

> I have the same problem with a.. french keyboard!
> if someone have a solution :-)
> pjluc

Yes.  Try getting the latest cygwin.dll, ps.exe, and bash.exe from
http://www.lexa.ru/sos or www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32

- alex

-

* Re: Problem with b18
@ 1997-10-15 23:27   ` Fritz Heinrichmeyer
From: Fritz Heinrichmeyer @ 1997-10-15 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Luc.Parouty, gnu-win32

look for the thread "bash and non us keyboard in"

http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Oct

Btw:

my readline commands in .inputrc seem to be ignored. Is someone out
there who uses it?

-

* Re: Problem with b18
@ 1997-10-16 17:15   ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1997-10-16 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi Jean-Luc.Parouty,

>I have the same problem with a.. french keyboard!
>if someone have a solution :-)

Very easy - get Sergey's patched cygwin.dll off his homepage:
        http://miracle.geol.msu.ru/sos/

And be sure to read the hints on this page, too !

>pjluc

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-

* Re: Problem with b18
@ 1997-10-17 18:34 ` Bizzaro
From: Bizzaro @ 1997-10-17 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Win 32

David Foulds wrote:

> Hi fellow cygwin-32ers!  I tried to access the www.wenet.net
> location for Sergey's dll but it said 'client not authorized'
> under Netscape and (shame) IE.  And the russian location is
> very slow.  Help!

I've put it on a little page I made up, down in the Links section.
http://www.comanche.dyn.ml.org should get you there.  Also several other little
things I've compiled.
-

* Re: Problem with b18
@ 1997-10-16 17:15 David Foulds
From: David Foulds @ 1997-10-16 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: garbanzo, Jean-Luc.Parouty; +Cc: gnu-win32, juolja

Hi fellow cygwin-32ers!  I tried to access the www.wenet.net
location for Sergey's dll but it said 'client not authorized'
under Netscape and (shame) IE.  And the russian location is
very slow.  Help!

Cheers, David

@ 1997-10-16 17:15 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-16 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Foulds; +Cc: Jean-Luc.Parouty, gnu-win32, juolja

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, David Foulds wrote:

> Hi fellow cygwin-32ers!  I tried to access the www.wenet.net
> location for Sergey's dll but it said 'client not authorized'
> under Netscape and (shame) IE.  And the russian location is
> very slow.  Help!
>
> Cheers, David

Whoops!! Totally my fault.  I was reorganizing some things on my web page
and forgot to set the dir gnuwin32-bin +x.  *doh*.  It should now work
just fine.

- alex

-

* Re: Problem with b18