* UID for bash
@ 1997-10-27 17:54 Pasa Guglielmo
       [not found] ` <34577e66.24119939@smtp.netzone.com>
From: Pasa Guglielmo @ 1997-10-27 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

HI,
How can I change UID for bash which appear
at the prompt using PS1="\u..."?
I'm using tha bash in the original b18 implementation.

The Sergei O. version 2.01 (in the patch of the X11R6.3
release with the new cygwin32.dll) seems bogus
as I cannot make it read the /usr/home/.bashrc
init file. Is there a workaround or something I can do.

Is it really a good patch as it seems to me that my system
hang more often since the installation of the new .dll/bash ?
--
Sincerely yours,
				Pasa Guglielmo

* Re: UID for bash
@ 1997-10-27 23:51 ` Andreas Manessinger
       [not found] ` <34577e66.24119939@smtp.netzone.com>
From: Andreas Manessinger @ 1997-10-27 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

> The Sergei O. version 2.01 (in the patch of the X11R6.3
> release with the new cygwin32.dll) seems bogus
> as I cannot make it read the /usr/home/.bashrc
> init file. Is there a workaround or something I can do.
>
> Is it really a good patch as it seems to me that my system
> hang more often since the installation of the new .dll/bash ?

Sergey's patches seem to require that you mount your filesystems with flag
`binary'. But if you do that bash can't execute scripts with CR/LF as line
terminator. Check with `od -c /usr/home/.bashrc', and if there are CRs in
it just strip them out.

--
Andreas Manessinger                                man@adv.magwien.gv.at

* Re: UID for bash
       [not found] ` <34577e66.24119939@smtp.netzone.com>
@ 1997-10-28  8:31   ` Pasa Guglielmo
From: Pasa Guglielmo @ 1997-10-28  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

What do you mean by mounting binary:

is it text!=binary
or hte other.
If it is text!=binary hten it is already like that.
in the contrary nothing will work (man, ...)!

--

@ 1997-10-29 17:22     ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1997-10-29 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi Pasa,

>What do you mean by mounting binary:
>
>is it text!=binary
>or hte other.
>If it is text!=binary hten it is already like that.
>in the contrary nothing will work (man, ...)!

It would be text=binary !
For that to work, you really have to change all your text files, ie
makefiles, .bash, ... to Unix style line endings.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-

* RE: UID for bash
@ 1997-10-29  2:35 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-10-29  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Pasa Guglielmo'

Pasa Guglielmo wrote:
> What do you mean by mounting binary:
>
> is it text!=binary
> or hte other.

Binary mode mounts are marked with "text=binary".

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* Re: UID for bash
@ 1997-10-28  5:17 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-28  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

>Sergey's patches seem to require that you mount your filesystems with
flag
>`binary'. But if you do that bash can't execute scripts with CR/LF as
line
>terminator. Check with `od -c /usr/home/.bashrc', and if there are CRs
in
>it just strip them out.

There a several ways to "strip them out".  I do it this way:

mv .bashrc .bashrc.tmp
tr -d "\r" < .bashrc.tmp > .bashrc
rm .bashrc.tmp

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----