* Setup reinstall incomplete script does nothing
@ 2023-02-02 22:42 Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2023-02-02 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi folks,

Using previously posted reinstall incomplete packages script as a number of my
packages are now flagged Incomplete.
The script now seems to do nothing to any package as setup comes up with a blank
list of packages.
Also tried a number of variations including shell script invocations, and adding
options.
Are there any missing or identical package conditions, options required, cmd,
shell script, or setup program arg limits that might affect a remove/install?

The package list used for ...\setup-X86_64 -x ... -P ... is:
alacarte,antiword,bash,cron,ctags,dbus,debianutils,e2fsprogs,email,f22-backgrounds-extras,fbpanel,flaw,GeoIP-database,getent,gnu-free-fonts,gnupg,htmldoc,icon-naming-utils,initscripts,libcaca-devel,libcrypt-devel,liberation-fonts,libiconv-devel,libnspr-devel,libnss-devel,libopts-devel,libpng-devel,libpng16-devel,libproj12,mksh,perl_manpages,poppler,postfix,postfix-tools,procmail,python27,recode,sendmail,statgrab,sysvinit,tcp_wrappers,usbredir,usbutils,vim-clang-format,wodim,xml2po,zsh

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis			Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte			Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter	not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer	but when there is no more to cut
			-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

* Re: Setup reinstall incomplete script does nothing
@ 2023-02-06 14:50 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-02-06 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/02/2023 22:42, Brian Inglis via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Using previously posted reinstall incomplete packages script as a number
> of my packages are now flagged Incomplete.
> The script now seems to do nothing to any package as setup comes up with
> a blank list of packages.
> Also tried a number of variations including shell script invocations,
> and adding options.
> Are there any missing or identical package conditions, options required,
> cmd, shell script, or setup program arg limits that might affect a
> remove/install?
>
> The package list used for ...\setup-X86_64 -x ... -P ... is:
> alacarte,antiword,bash,cron,ctags,dbus,debianutils,e2fsprogs,email,f22-backgrounds-extras,fbpanel,flaw,GeoIP-database,getent,gnu-free-fonts,gnupg,htmldoc,icon-naming-utils,initscripts,libcaca-devel,libcrypt-devel,liberation-fonts,libiconv-devel,libnspr-devel,libnss-devel,libopts-devel,libpng-devel,libpng16-devel,libproj12,mksh,perl_manpages,poppler,postfix,postfix-tools,procmail,python27,recode,sendmail,statgrab,sysvinit,tcp_wrappers,usbredir,usbutils,vim-clang-format,wodim,xml2po,zsh

Frowny face.

Yes, it looks like we've broken that.  In fact, it seems like -x doesn't
work anymore.

If you could bisect old versions of setup [1] and tell us when it broke,
that would be very helpful.

[1] https://cygwin.com/setup/