* Need help locating cyg_install.exe
@ 1998-10-10 21:26 Enoch Wu
From: Enoch Wu @ 1998-10-10 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello,

I recently installed Cygnus CDK 19.1 and downloaded some extra off of ftp
sites.
I installed vim 5.0, less, termcap, ncurses.  They all work great.

Now the question is:

I have a question regarding an "install" script I found, attached here for
your reference.  Where is cyg_install.exe ?

This is the .exe file reference by the replacement script, near the bottom
of the attached file.

I'd appreciate any pointer.

Best Regards,
Enoch Wu

Attachement :

     #!/bin/sh
     # file: install
     # author:  earnie                  email: earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
     #
     # Install Preprocessor for the gnu-win32 "make install" command.
     #
     # To use:
     #
     #   copy this file to /usr/bin/install (earlier in the
     #   path than the default GNU install).
     #
     # Note:
     #   No warranty implicit or explicit is given.
     #   You may copy, distribute and use as you see fit.
     #   USE AT YOU OWN RISK.
     #
     # changed: M.Hirmke                email: mh@mike.franken.de
     #   changed ginstall to cyg_install, because some packages are looking
     #   for ginstall
     #
     # changed: Dr David Coe            email: david@coent.demon.co.uk
     #   "I seem to remember earnie's script gave trouble (in X11 or lesstif
     #    make install) when both <exec.exe> and <exec> are present
     #    simultaneously). The attached helped."
     #
     # changed: Dr Pierre A. Humblet    email: humblet@eurecom.fr
     #    Modify logic to work when several files are installed in a
     #    directory, some with the .exe extension and others without.
     tstr=""
     while test $# -gt 1;
     do
       if test -e $1.exe;
       then
         suffix=".exe";
       else
         suffix="";
       fi
       tstr="${tstr}${1}${suffix} "
       shift;
     done
     if test -d $1
     then
       suffix="";
     fi
     tstr="${tstr}${1}${suffix}"

     eval "cyg_install.exe $tstr";
     exit

-

* Re: Need help locating cyg_install.exe
@ 1998-10-11 10:29 ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1998-10-11 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi Enoch,

[...]
>I have a question regarding an "install" script I found, attached here for
>your reference.  Where is cyg_install.exe ?

You have to rename the original install.exe to this name !

[...]
>I'd appreciate any pointer.
>
>Best Regards,
>Enoch Wu

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-

* Re: Need help locating cyg_install.exe
@ 1998-10-12 12:53   ` Enoch Wu
From: Enoch Wu @ 1998-10-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Hirmke, gnu-win32

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the helpful information.

Best Regards,
Enoch Wu

At 07:25 PM 10/11/98 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
>Hi Enoch,
>
>[...]
>>I have a question regarding an "install" script I found, attached here for
>>your reference.  Where is cyg_install.exe ?
>
>You have to rename the original install.exe to this name !
>
>[...]
>>I'd appreciate any pointer.
>>
>>Best Regards,
>>Enoch Wu
>
>Bye.
>Michael.
>--
>Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
>Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
>90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:mh@mike.franken.de
>                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
>-

-

* Re: Need help locating cyg_install.exe
@ 1998-10-11 18:22 ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1998-10-11 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Earnie Boyd [earnie_boyd@yahoo.com] wrote:

[...]
>> I have a question regarding an "install" script I found, attached
>here for
>> your reference.  Where is cyg_install.exe ?
>>

>In the `To use:' section it should have said to copy install.exe to
>cyg_install.exe.  It appears that with the changes that Michael Hirmke
>has incorporated into the script that this line of documentation has
>been removed.  You'll find install.exe in
>/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/.

Oops, I'll correct that one ASAP.

Sorry and bye.
Michael.