From: Brent Epp <brent@pdc.ca>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: mintty window flashes open and immediately closes
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 18:02:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello Andrey,

The way I ended up "solving" this is by restoring a backup of cygwin I
had from a few weeks ago.  Almost nothing had changed with my working
files, so I considered it good enough and called it a day.

However, I kept a copy of the failed/corrupted install and put it in a
VM so I can continue to diagnose the failure.  Interestingly, it
exhibits the same failure within the VM, so now we know it's not
something within the specific Windows environment.  Also worth noting,
the host environment is Windows 7, the VM guest is Windows 10.

I took your suggestion and ran `rebase-trigger full`, closed cygwin
windows, and re-ran setup.  It has not resolved the problem, unfortunately.

  - Brent