From: David Rothenberger <daveroth@acm.org>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Programs become a no-op
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 21:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 5/2/2018 1:13 PM, Boylan, Ross wrote:
> I've tried
> ssh -V
> ssh --help
> ssh -v somene@somewhere
> and in all cases nothing happens except that I get a new command prompt.  They used to work fine.

This is usually due to a missing dependency. You can try "echo $?" after one of the failing commands. If it is 127, that's probably the issue. I usually track down the missing dependency by running the program under strace (strace ssh --help). It should pop-up a dialog window with the missing dependency library.