* RE: Python installation on cygwin gnupro-99r1p1
@ 2002-05-27  3:46 Perepelitsky, Leon
From: Perepelitsky, Leon @ 2002-05-27  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks Christopher,

All points are well taken, your answers clear my incorrect assumptions and save me a lot of time.

Leon.

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-05-27  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: leon

@ 2002-05-26 16:09 Dockeen
From: Dockeen @ 2002-05-26 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The current version of Cygwin lets you install Python (and Perl
and scads of other neat stuff) at installation.  No fuss, no muss,
no building.  Even I can do it, which says a LOT.

Its a great package, check it out!  Just make sure when you do
your install, you make sure to click open the interpreter
category and designate Python for install.

Wayne Keen

* Re: Python installation on cygwin gnupro-99r1p1
@ 2002-05-26 15:50 ` Michael A Chase
From: Michael A Chase @ 2002-05-26 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Perepelitsky, Leon, cygwin

On Sun, 26 May 2002 00:55:51 -0700 "Perepelitsky, Leon" <leon@powertv.com> wrote:

> My question was about Python. I do it on my own time, PowerTV does not
> do any development in Python. I am not clear on where the line between
> allowed and not allowed questions. My question could be rephrased as
> follows:
> "How to build Python binaries under Cygwin?"

A better question is why build Python binaries under Cygwin?  A much more recent Python is
already available for installation as a Cygwin package.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

* RE: Python installation on cygwin gnupro-99r1p1
@ 2002-05-26  9:52 Perepelitsky, Leon
From: Perepelitsky, Leon @ 2002-05-26  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-05-26  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)