From: "Brian S. Wilson" <wilson96@comcast.net>
To: cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: Re: META: Fix the signup procedure?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 07:36:24 -0400	[thread overview]

> Can one of you powerful folks, please, fix the signup approvals and make it
> a bit more difficult to signup and account that is "allowed" to post on
> this list?
>
> Generally, it's at least an email verification loop. But, maybe it's time
> to induce an "age" as well?
As a long time user I would oppose an "age" related test to invalidate
emails.  Long time users are less likely to be spammers than new email
sign ups.  That said, it does seem that we are getting quite a bit of
spam from the Cygwin email list and it would be nice if something along
the lines of email verification could be done to prevent this.