Am 23.10.18 um 09:55 schrieb Corinna Vinschen: >> It doesn't help for the old versions of cygwin that are being >> reported. That's why they're getting that message—because it's an old >> version. They're not spamming, they're doing exactly what the message >> told them to do. The message was unfortunate from the get-go. > Indeed. It seemd like a good idea at the time... > >> Now that has come up yet again, I do wonder if the mailing list >> software could somehow trap an unquoted FAST_CWD message and just >> reply with a message that includes a link to the FAQ entry, rather >> than send the message onto the list. Probably more trouble than it's >> worth. > We're just users of the sourceware infrastructure. What we could try > by ourselves is to create an automated reply. The mail and the > automated reply would still hit the mailing list, but nobody would > have to bother to reply anymore. This could even be a simple > procmail filter. I'll look into it (but will need time). Now this may be a nasty hack, buuuut ... if you can either get hold of the current mailing list's subscriber list, to auto-subscribe everyone to a new list, or you are able change the current mailinglist's address to, say, cygwin-ml@cygwin.com, you could set up an autoresponder at cygwin@cygwin.com instead. That autoresponder would then point people at the FAQ entry, and also contain a message that the mailing list has moved to the new address. Kind Regards, Stefan Baur -- BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt) Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364 Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243