* RE: perl/cygwin and system calls
@ 2001-03-05 12:29 Robinow, David
From: Robinow, David @ 2001-03-05 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> From: Perakis, John [ mailto:JPerakis@crossbeamsys.com ]
> Subject: perl/cygwin and system calls
> ... I'm trying to use a system call to kick off my
> make  ie system("//c/cygwin/bin/make all").  This piece is failing, I
> believe,  because the system call is going out and using an NT
> environment not a Cygwin env.  Does anyone know how I can get this to
> what I want.
   Use cygwin perl and setup your path correctly. Then
        system("make all")

  If there's some reason you think you can't use cygwin perl try

    system("cmd/c do_my_make.bat")

 take a peak at your c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat for hints on what
 to put in my_make.bat

* perl/cygwin and system calls
@ 2001-03-05 12:02 Perakis, John
From: Perakis, John @ 2001-03-05 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

     Let me see if I can pose the question correctly.    I would like to
use a cygwin environment from a perl script.    I have a build
environment that works in a cygwin window.  What I'm in the process of
trying to do is write a perl script that can be  started from the Task
Scheduler.  The perl script cd to a directory and cvs co a module.  Once
the module is checked out I'm trying to use a system call to kick off my
make  ie system("//c/cygwin/bin/make all").  This piece is failing, I
believe,  because the system call is going out and using an NT
environment not a Cygwin env.  Does anyone know how I can get this to
what I want.

Thanks,
John