* bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
@ 2001-11-13 22:57 ROUWEZ Stephane
From: ROUWEZ Stephane @ 2001-11-13 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

@ 2001-11-14  7:28 ROUWEZ Stephane
From: ROUWEZ Stephane @ 2001-11-14  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

I have reinstalled with "for all" and I have the same error.

From: ROUWEZ Stephane @ 2001-11-14 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Hi,

ok, with the first line, /tmp no problem, rights are set with 'regedit'
because 'mount' makes no change. Is it the only change to do ?
But "bash: /etc/profile: no medium", what does it means?

Stephane

Envoye : mercredi 21 novembre 2001 10:38
A : 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

@ 2001-11-15  0:49 ROUWEZ Stephane
From: ROUWEZ Stephane @ 2001-11-15  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Corinna Vinschen'

all the mount points are 'System' ans I've reinstalled with 'for all'
option.

mount gives:
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)

Thanks
Stephane

Envoye : mercredi 21 novembre 2001 10:38
A : 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 07:53:05AM +0100, ROUWEZ Stephane wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed Cygwin on WinNT4 SP6. When I'm connected with user 'XY'
> > and I start Cygwin, It gives to me :
> >
> > bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
> > bash: /etc/profile: no medium
> > bash: /.bash_profile: no medium
> > bash-2.05$
> >
> > and I can't do anything. /tmp exist ! Can anybody help me ?

Setup gives you the choice to install "for me" or "for all" at one
point.  If you've choosen "for me" the Cygwin mount points aren't
visible for any other user.  Login as the user which installed
Cygwin and change all mount points to system mount points using
the `mount' command.  mount --help will give you a clue.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
@ 2006-12-12 18:22 João Gonçalves
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: João Gonçalves @ 2006-12-12 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am trying to start cygwin and I get this error message.
I understand, from what I read, that this error is because I am using
a different user. And that's true, I am using a different user, but I
also lost the old user, because I installed windows again!
Is to mount cygwin in my current user withou going to the old one? Or
do I have to install cygwin again?