From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru>
To: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew@DeFaria.com>, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Setting up Apache2 with mod_perl and Apache2::AuthCookieLDAP
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 13:35:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Greetings, Andrew DeFaria!

>> If you do go with Dancer or something like it, you don't need to use
>> Cygwin Apache.  The native Windows version of Apache will perform much
>> better, and when used as a reverse proxy, you probably won't need any of
>> the benefits you get from using Cygwin Apache which native Apache
>> wouldn't have, such as the ability to compile and load some of the more
>> esoteric modules that only build on POSIXy systems.
>>
>>> First problem (minor): I can't figure out how to install Apache2 as a
>>> Windows service.
>>
>> Another reason to native Windows Apache instead.

> Personally I prefer Cygwin Apache because all of the pathing then can be
> POSIX-like and can easily port to Linux systems later on. Plus Cygwin's
> Perl is, IMHO, far superior to ActiveState.

Then use Cygwin Perl! And it is THAT part of your setup that needs to be aware
of Cygwin's POSIX'y paths. Apache can be just told where to find Perl, and
that's all.

> However I had set up Apache2 as a Windows service before so I know it's
> doable. I just forget how to do it! ;-) I thought it was just to specify
> -k or perhaps -DNO_DETACH or something like that...

httpd --help
?
(I honestly don't remember myself, it is long since I moved all my server
stuff to Linux, and forgot about it.)

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...