* cygwin dll for 2.6.0-1
@ 2017-01-19  3:06 sun zheng
From: sun zheng @ 2017-01-19  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi team,sorry for troubling.

but could you help send me the dll file of version 2.6.0-1???

i really need it!sonce i can only get 2.6.1-1 from website

waiting eagerly for your response

Jerry

发自我的 iPhone

* Re: cygwin dll for 2.6.0-1
@ 2017-01-19  3:12 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-01-19  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-01-18 20:06, sun zheng wrote:
> but could you help send me the dll file of version 2.6.0-1???
> i really need it!sonce i can only get 2.6.1-1 from website

Install package Cygwin from Cygwin Time Machine mirror using Setup:
ftp://www.fruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/64bit/2016/12/16/151347/

* Re: cygwin dll for 2.6.0-1
@ 2017-01-19  3:25 ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2017-01-19  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sun zheng; +Cc: cygwin

On 1/18/2017 10:06 PM, sun zheng wrote:
> hi team,sorry for troubling.
>
> but could you help send me the dll file of version 2.6.0-1???
>
> i really need it!sonce i can only get 2.6.1-1 from website

Dear Jerry --

1) People have told you how to use the Cygwin time machine to get
earlier versions; and

2) You need more than just the dll - you need the programs you're
going to install with it.

I urge you to look at the email responses and try to follow the
instructions on using the Cygwin time machine, etc.

Here is where the instructions are again:

     http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/timemachine.html#AHEM

I had trouble making this work with FireFTP installed in my
FireFox browser, but in a less-decorated Chrome browser it
worked fine.  You do need to read and follow a series of
instruction to (a) get the right link (e.g., the one for
the last snapshot of 2.6.0-1) and then (b) use it with
setup to pull the right versions of cygwin and any other
packages.  (The .dll you refer to is part of the 'cygwin'
package.)

Regards - Eliot Moss

* Re: cygwin dll for 2.6.0-1
@ 2017-01-19  8:12   ` sun zheng
From: sun zheng @ 2017-01-19  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moss; +Cc: cygwin

sorry but i did not receive any mail regarding eith time machine...

But anyway, thanks a lot for your guide! Thanks!!

Jerry

发自我的 iPhone

> 在 2017年1月19日,11:25,Eliot Moss <moss@cs.umass.edu> 写道:
>
>> On 1/18/2017 10:06 PM, sun zheng wrote:
>> hi team,sorry for troubling.
>>
>> but could you help send me the dll file of version 2.6.0-1???
>>
>> i really need it!sonce i can only get 2.6.1-1 from website
>
> Dear Jerry --
>
> 1) People have told you how to use the Cygwin time machine to get
> earlier versions; and
>
> 2) You need more than just the dll - you need the programs you're
> going to install with it.
>
> I urge you to look at the email responses and try to follow the
> instructions on using the Cygwin time machine, etc.
>
> Here is where the instructions are again:
>
>    http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/timemachine.html#AHEM
>
> I had trouble making this work with FireFTP installed in my
> FireFox browser, but in a less-decorated Chrome browser it
> worked fine.  You do need to read and follow a series of
> instruction to (a) get the right link (e.g., the one for
> the last snapshot of 2.6.0-1) and then (b) use it with
> setup to pull the right versions of cygwin and any other
> packages.  (The .dll you refer to is part of the 'cygwin'
> package.)
>
> Regards - Eliot Moss

* Re: cygwin dll for 2.6.0-1
@ 2017-01-19 10:29     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-01-19 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, magiczheng.sun

On 19/01/2017 09:10, sun zheng wrote:
> sorry but i did not receive any mail regarding eith time machine...
>

> But anyway, thanks a lot for your guide! Thanks!!
>

> Jerry

Hi Jerry,
all replies were on the mailing list, see
archive for details

We expect that who ask on the mailing list is subscribed
to it .

Regards
Marco