* Re: Looking for java implementation of X Windows
@ 1997-08-30 17:49 Paul C. Brant
From: Paul C. Brant @ 1997-08-30 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bartlee Anderson, gnu-win32

 Hi,

The implementation I know of comes through part of the NTRIGUE Java client
from Insignia ( www.insignia.com ) . The system provides extensions to the
citrix winframe gubbins and allows non microsoft type machines to run
windows apps. They call the JAVA thing keoke !

Hope this helps !

Branty

From: Jim Pick @ 1997-08-31 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bartlee Anderson; +Cc: gnu-win32

> Has anyone seen a Java only implementation of X.
> I saw something that I thought I saved, but can't find.
>
> May have been on another list.
>
> I know Sergey would also be interested in this.

Is this what you were interested in?  I tried it, couldn't get it to
work.  I guess I wasn't very persistent.   :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim

> From: "Eugene O'Neil" <eugene@cs.umb.edu>
> To: <jolt-list@redhat.com>
> Subject: XTC, an X Window library implemented in pure Java
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:39:23 -0400
>
> I am writing a Java windowing toolkit named XTC, the X Tool
> Collection. Instead of using native methods that depend on Motif or
> even xlib, I have instead opted to implement the underlying X Window
> Protocol in pure Java.
>
> My library is small, powerful, object-oriented, multi-threaded,
> reasonably efficient, and public domain. If you find this interesting,
> download my working demo from the following web page:
>
> http://www.cs.umb.edu/~eugene/X.html
>
> -Eugene

Cheers,

 - Jim

--
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3a

iQCVAwUBNAnXT+Qz770qyIfJAQHC6QP/ZF95CDVEdMRD/S3CpvQvNyGLBOk/m149
4oeGZOCnAMUHQ2IhKnvCUMt4ZzYydEJJd0n1erfcPOhMHGYSLvlzZIRXqp6CSVqE
xB5hx94Et49wzjO7kXt72vqqUcgqd476pwzCJvgw2teYSTarXti8Y1a2f8gmt298
f74DLiTuMy8=
=slbY
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

* Re: Looking for java implementation of X Windows
@ 1997-08-30 17:49 ` Kurt Mahan
From: Kurt Mahan @ 1997-08-30 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bartlee Anderson; +Cc: gnu-win32

> Has anyone seen a Java only implementation of X.
> I saw something that I thought I saved, but can't find.
>
> May have been on another list.

Attached is what you might be referring to (from the jolt list)..

Kurt

/*
 * This version of Kurt Mahan is currently being evaluated.  Words he speaks
 * are those of him only and not those of Novell or anybody else.
 *
 * Novell Java Technologies R&D Group
 *
 * Kurt Mahan