* Another rvxt vs. minTTY 0.3.4
@ 2009-01-15 13:06 Paul McFerrin
From: Paul McFerrin @ 2009-01-15 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have another difference between 0.3.4 and 0.3.3 of minTTY and rxvt.

If you have a long-running script running, any attemps to stop it with
either Control-C or Control-\ does nothing.  Seems that minTTY is
starting the child process with SIGINT signals disabled.

At the prompt, Control-C is recognized.

- Paul

* Re: Another rvxt vs. minTTY 0.3.4
@ 2009-01-15 22:34 ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2009-01-15 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Paul McFerrin wrote:
> I have another difference between 0.3.4 and 0.3.3 of minTTY and rxvt.
>
> If you have a long-running script running, any attemps to stop it with
> either Control-C or Control-\ does nothing.

It's working here. Just tried it with a 'configure' script.

> Seems that minTTY is
> starting the child process with SIGINT signals disabled.

Signals are left untouched on the way to the child command's exec()
call, which means the child process will inherit MinTTY's set of ignored
signals. How are you invoking MinTTY?

Would people like to see this behaviour changed so that all child
process signal handlers are reset to SIG_DFL?

> At the prompt, Control-C is recognized.

I think that's because bash disables pty signal generation and processes
control characters directly.

Andy

* RE: Another rvxt vs. minTTY 0.3.4
@ 2009-01-16 11:18   ` Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2009-01-16 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> From:  Andy Koppe
>
> Paul McFerrin wrote:
> > I have another difference between 0.3.4 and 0.3.3 of minTTY
> and rxvt.
> >
> > If you have a long-running script running, any attemps to
> stop it with
> > either Control-C or Control-\ does nothing.
>
> It's working here. Just tried it with a 'configure' script.

Yeah, it worked all day for me today as well.  Heavy duty makes, mix of
Cygwin and native programs being invoked, plenty of CTRL-C's, never had one
not get recognized.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle