* xfig packaging dependency
       [not found] <1352146107.3272633.1552135080796.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2019-03-09 12:38 ` Lloyd Wood via cygwin
From: Lloyd Wood via cygwin @ 2019-03-09 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

shouldn't the netpbm package be a necessary dependency for
the xfig package, to prevent 'bad gif format' messages
and much headscratching?

$ Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
/bin/sh: giftopnm: command not found
/bin/sh: ppmtopcx: command not found

wasn't much of a clue to go on...

thanks

Lloyd Wood
http://savi.sf.net/

* Re: xfig packaging dependency
@ 2019-03-11 21:44   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2019-03-11 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Lloyd Wood via cygwin writes:
> shouldn't the netpbm package be a necessary dependency for
> the xfig package, to prevent 'bad gif format' messages
> and much headscratching?
>
> $ Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
> /bin/sh: giftopnm: command not found
> /bin/sh: ppmtopcx: command not found
>

> wasn't much of a clue to go on...

Well, that apparently was enough of a clue to hunt down the correct
package.  Now, what were you actually doing to trigger this?  I don't
mind ading a manual dependency to the package, but if these calls
execute from a script I think the dependency check from cygport is
supposed to pick them up (there are both false positives and negatives,
so I know it isn't foolproof).

Regards,
Achim.