David Sastre Medina writes: > I'm having this on github now for easier handling. > Check https://github.com/dsastrem/base-files.git I've checked the objections raised in this thread and also an older thread concerning the LC_ALL handling w.r.t. /etc/profile.d and handling of PS1. I think these are all valid, patches to do implement them are attached. Also, posh didn't run the scripts in /etc/profile.d at all, which I think is an error even given the limited focus of it. Also, zsh runs in sh compatibility mode when it sources /etc/profile, so zsh extensions shouldn't be used. I've kept sourcing *.zsh for now since the only script that comes with the distribution does not use zsh extensions, but I think it would be cleaner if this wasn't done. Zsh might also run in ksh compatibility mode, but I don't know how to check for that and if it's worth the trouble.