* gnutls-3.2.20 doesn't compile anymore, probably conficting with installed libopts-devel
@ 2014-11-11 20:44 Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2014-11-11 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List

Hi

Older gnutls versions compiled fine with cygwin. Latest versions come
with their own libopts source tree, which is newer than the latest
cygwin version. I get the following error when trying to compile gnutls-3.2.20

In file included from srptool-args.c:43:0:
srptool-args.h:61:3: error: #error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
 # error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
   ^
srptool-args.h:62:3: error: unknown type name 'Choke'
   Choke Me

Can we get a newer autogen package ?

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: gnutls-3.2.20 doesn't compile anymore, probably conficting with installed libopts-devel
@ 2014-11-11 21:13 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-11-11 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2014-11-11 14:44, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Older gnutls versions compiled fine with cygwin. Latest versions come
> with their own libopts source tree, which is newer than the latest
> cygwin version. I get the following error when trying to compile gnutls-3.2.20
>
> In file included from srptool-args.c:43:0:
> srptool-args.h:61:3: error: #error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
>   # error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
>     ^
> srptool-args.h:62:3: error: unknown type name 'Choke'
>     Choke Me

I cannot reproduce this.  Do you have both autogen and libopts-devel
installed?  Also, are you using the autogen VPATH patch:

http://sourceforge.net/p/cygwin-ports/gnutls/ci/master/tree/3.2.18-autogen-vpath.patch

> Can we get a newer autogen package ?

I can do that, but that's not the problem here.

Yaakov

* Re: gnutls-3.2.20 doesn't compile anymore, probably conficting with installed libopts-devel
@ 2014-11-12  8:50   ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2014-11-12  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    > On 2014-11-11 14:44, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
    >> Older gnutls versions compiled fine with cygwin. Latest versions come
    >> with their own libopts source tree, which is newer than the latest
    >> cygwin version. I get the following error when trying to compile gnutls-3.2.20
    >>
    >> In file included from srptool-args.c:43:0:
    >> srptool-args.h:61:3: error: #error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
    >> # error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
    >> ^
    >> srptool-args.h:62:3: error: unknown type name 'Choke'
    >> Choke Me

    > I cannot reproduce this.  Do you have both autogen and libopts-devel installed?
    > Also, are you using the autogen VPATH patch:

    > http://sourceforge.net/p/cygwin-ports/gnutls/ci/master/tree/3.2.18-autogen-vpath.patch

    >> Can we get a newer autogen package ?

    > I can do that, but that's not the problem here.

You're right...I just installed it but the same error. What cygport file
are you using ?

@ 2014-11-12  8:58     ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2014-11-12  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    >> On 2014-11-11 14:44, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
    >>> Older gnutls versions compiled fine with cygwin. Latest versions come
    >>> with their own libopts source tree, which is newer than the latest
    >>> cygwin version. I get the following error when trying to compile gnutls-3.2.20
    >>>
    >>> In file included from srptool-args.c:43:0:
    >>> srptool-args.h:61:3: error: #error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
    >>> # error option template version mismatches autoopts/options.h header
    >>> ^
    >>> srptool-args.h:62:3: error: unknown type name 'Choke'
    >>> Choke Me

    >> I cannot reproduce this.  Do you have both autogen and libopts-devel installed?

I forgot...yes both.

@ 2014-11-12 16:37     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-11-12 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--
Yaakov

* Re: gnutls-3.2.20 doesn't compile anymore, probably conficting with installed libopts-devel
@ 2014-11-12 20:40       ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2014-11-12 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    >> > I cannot reproduce this.  Do you have both autogen and libopts-devel installed?
    >> > Also, are you using the autogen VPATH patch:
    >>
    >> > http://sourceforge.net/p/cygwin-ports/gnutls/ci/master/tree/3.2.18-autogen-vpath.patch

    >> > I can do that, but that's not the problem here.
    >>
    >> You're right...I just installed it but the same error. What cygport file
    >> are you using ?

    > http://sourceforge.net/p/cygwin-ports/gnutls/ci/master/tree/

I now tried the compilation with your cygport and your two patches but I
still get the same error. I also updated to the latest autogen package
you just provided. Do you mind sending me your compilation log files...I
would like to diff them with mine...

I haven't done any cygwin stuff since more than a year, and I recently
updated my cygwin installation to ALL the current packages (both
32/64bit) , but something seems strange here. I want to sort this out
before updating my packages to their latest upstream versions. By the
way the current gnutls compilation has been done on a 32bit
installation, so please send me the corresponding log files.

@ 2014-11-13  6:35         ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-11-13  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2014-11-12 14:40, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> I now tried the compilation with your cygport and your two patches but I
> still get the same error. I also updated to the latest autogen package
> you just provided. Do you mind sending me your compilation log files...I
> would like to diff them with mine...

I don't have them at the moment, as I cleaned the directories after the
build.  Could you send yours?

> I haven't done any cygwin stuff since more than a year, and I recently
> updated my cygwin installation to ALL the current packages (both
> 32/64bit) , but something seems strange here. I want to sort this out
> before updating my packages to their latest upstream versions. By the
> way the current gnutls compilation has been done on a 32bit
> installation, so please send me the corresponding log files.

Wait, are you saying that you are trying to cross-compile from i686 to
x86_64?

--
Yaakov

* Re: gnutls-3.2.20 doesn't compile anymore, probably conficting with installed libopts-devel
@ 2014-11-13  9:34           ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2014-11-13  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/tmp/gnutls-3.2.20-1-compile.log

    >> I haven't done any cygwin stuff since more than a year, and I recently
    >> updated my cygwin installation to ALL the current packages (both
    >> 32/64bit) , but something seems strange here. I want to sort this out
    >> before updating my packages to their latest upstream versions. By the
    >> way the current gnutls compilation has been done on a 32bit
    >> installation, so please send me the corresponding log files.

    > Wait, are you saying that you are trying to cross-compile from i686 to x86_64?

No, I have separate installations of 32bit and 64bit installations.

@ 2014-11-13 11:22             ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-11-13 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2014-11-13 03:34, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>      > On 2014-11-12 14:40, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>      >> I now tried the compilation with your cygport and your two patches but I
>      >> still get the same error. I also updated to the latest autogen package
>      >> you just provided. Do you mind sending me your compilation log files...I
>      >> would like to diff them with mine...
>
>      > I don't have them at the moment, as I cleaned the directories after the build.
>      > Could you send yours?
>
> http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/tmp/gnutls-3.2.20-1-compile.log

Would you happen to have another autogen in your PATH besides that in
/usr/bin?  Could you also post your generated srptool-args.{c,h}?

--
Yaakov

* Re: gnutls-3.2.20 doesn't compile anymore, probably conficting with installed libopts-devel
@ 2014-11-13 13:45               ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2014-11-13 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    >> > I don't have them at the moment, as I cleaned the directories after the build.
    >> > Could you send yours?
    >>
    >> http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/tmp/gnutls-3.2.20-1-compile.log

    > Would you happen to have another autogen in your PATH besides that in /usr/bin?

Bingo...I had a self compiled version from years ago lying in my
/usr/local structure. After removing the old craft everything is fine
again.

I try now to catch up updating all of my packages

Ciao
  Volker