* question!
@ 2000-03-08  3:03 Michelle Owen
From: Michelle Owen @ 2000-03-08  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear,

  Would you kind to answer my few questions in details? Here they are:

  1. Virtual memory managment increases the amount of memory the
operating system
     can use by allocating a set amount of disk space to be used to
store item
     during processing. With the aid of windows 95/98, can you give me
the steps to check
     for the virtual memory of a computer system?

  2. Every programming languange has its own unique characteristic,
thus selecting a language
     for a programming task can be a difficult decision. Can you give
me the list and describe
     four factors to select a programming language?

  3. Computer security risk is any event or action that could cause a
loss to computer equipment,
     software information or processing capability. Please describe
briefly to me the following
     security risks:
     a). Computer viruses
     b). Unauthorized access and use
     c). Hardware theft
     d). Software theft
     e). System failure

  4. a). How do viruses spread? When does a virus spread? Why are
viruses not detected immediately?
     b). Would you name and describes 6 types of computer viruses? and
please describe how this viruses
         spread in the computer system?

  Thanks for your help...:)

* Question:
@ 2001-04-23 20:57 Travis Smith
From: Travis Smith @ 2001-04-23 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

what exactly does

'set -o vi'

do.

I've been using it for years, but I don't understand it.

~Travis Smith
IT Professional
tazium@yahoo.com

* Question?
@ 2001-08-31 17:00 Chris Morton
From: Chris Morton @ 2001-08-31 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have resently install cygwin and love it.  Although I am having troubles
installing a library because it needs to run as a user.  I have tried add
the user to my box yet still no go.  I am trying install the library libcap.
  Any suggestions  ?

* Question?
@ 2001-09-01 23:01 Chris Morton
From: Chris Morton @ 2001-09-01 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have currently installed cygwin on my computer(Windows2000 professional).
I really like it.  When i installed it created a home directory for users
that i already had added aka "Chris and Administrator" but now that i have
added users on It has not, and when I try to "createuser newuser" i recieve
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
        Is the postmaster running locally
        and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?
createuser: creation of user "chris" failed.
Just wondering if you can help me out.

[parent not found: <F540lbhsKd6QR7j1HaK00008762@hotmail.com>]
* Question?
@ 2001-09-10 18:37 Chris Morton
From: Chris Morton @ 2001-09-10 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am using cygwin with windows 2000 and i having serval problems, the first
consists of now that i have install i want to add user like root and bin but
when i add then in windows it does not add then in cygwin.  The second is
the login program does not seem to work with the user I alread have.

* Question !
@ 2005-03-09  0:40 Hari_Das
From: Hari_Das @ 2005-03-09  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is cygwin runs on Windows 2003. We are having problem in running cron.
Thoughts ????????

Hironmoy Das
952-742-7148