* RE: Proper way to start dos/win executables?
@ 2001-08-28  7:29 Troy Noble
From: Troy Noble @ 2001-08-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Downey, Brian', 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Cygwin knows about the .cmd and .bat extensions and
invokes cmd.exe by default when you type something
like

bash% $SCRIPT_DIR/start1.cmd

So you shouldn't need the leading exec.

If that doesn't work, try explicitly starting cmd.exe
using the start.exe that comes with NT/Win2K such as:

bash% cmd.exe /C `cygpath -wa $SCRIPT_DIR/start1.cmd` arg1 arg2 ...

but I don't think that'll be necessary "under normal circumstances".
the cygpath converts the $SCRIPT_DIR to a form that
cmd.exe will understand when it tries to open start1.cmd.

Troy