* warnings starting "emacs"
@ 2017-09-26 10:18 Siegmar Gross
From: Siegmar Gross @ 2017-09-26 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I've updated my system to the latest package versions and I use
Cygwin x86_64 on top of Windows 10. Unfortunately, I get some
warnings when a start "emacs".

PC26 cygwin64 26 emacs Cygwin.bat
PC26 cygwin64 27 libGL error: Screen is not Windows-DRI capable

** (emacs:9112): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security
policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
was broken.

(emacs:9112): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_window_parse_geometry() called on a window
with no visible children; the window should be set up before
gtk_window_parse_geometry() is called.

(emacs:9112): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image type
'xpm' is not supported

Is it necessary to install another package? Is it possible to avoid
he warning? Thank you very much for any help in advance.

Best regards

Siegmar

* Re: warnings starting "emacs"
@ 2017-09-26 15:14 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-09-26 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/26/2017 6:18 AM, Siegmar Gross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've updated my system to the latest package versions and I use
> Cygwin x86_64 on top of Windows 10. Unfortunately, I get some
> warnings when a start "emacs".
>

> PC26 cygwin64 26 emacs Cygwin.bat
> PC26 cygwin64 27 libGL error: Screen is not Windows-DRI capable
>
> ** (emacs:9112): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible
> causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
> bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
> network connection was broken.

I often see this when I'm logged in as an Administrator.  I think it's
harmless and can be ignored.

> (emacs:9112): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_window_parse_geometry() called on a
> window with no visible children; the window should be set up before
> gtk_window_parse_geometry() is called.

This can also be ignored.  I think it's been fixed upstream.

> (emacs:9112): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader:
> Image type 'xpm' is not supported

This one I haven't seen.  Do you have libXpm4 installed?

Ken

* Re: warnings starting "emacs"
@ 2017-09-27  9:01   ` Siegmar Gross
From: Siegmar Gross @ 2017-09-27  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Ken,

thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I still get the
same messages.

>> I've updated my system to the latest package versions and I use
>> Cygwin x86_64 on top of Windows 10. Unfortunately, I get some
>> warnings when a start "emacs".
>>

>> PC26 cygwin64 26 emacs Cygwin.bat
>> PC26 cygwin64 27 libGL error: Screen is not Windows-DRI capable

Do you know why I now get a libGL error message that I didn't get before?

>> ** (emacs:9112): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
>> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
>> include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
>> security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
>> connection was broken.
>
> I often see this when I'm logged in as an Administrator.  I think it's
> harmless and can be ignored.
>
>> (emacs:9112): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_window_parse_geometry() called on a window
>> with no visible children; the window should be set up before
>> gtk_window_parse_geometry() is called.
>
> This can also be ignored.  I think it's been fixed upstream.
>
>> (emacs:9112): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image
>> type 'xpm' is not supported
>
> This one I haven't seen.  Do you have libXpm4 installed?

I've installed all libXpm4 packages, but they didn't change anything.
Can I do anything else to avoid the confusing error and warning messages?

Best regards

Siegmar

* Re: warnings starting "emacs"
@ 2017-09-27 21:43     ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-09-27 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/27/2017 5:00 AM, Siegmar Gross wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I still get the
> same messages.
>
>>> I've updated my system to the latest package versions and I use
>>> Cygwin x86_64 on top of Windows 10. Unfortunately, I get some
>>> warnings when a start "emacs".
>>>

>>> PC26 cygwin64 26 emacs Cygwin.bat
>>> PC26 cygwin64 27 libGL error: Screen is not Windows-DRI capable
>
> Do you know why I now get a libGL error message that I didn't get before?

No, I don't.  I sometimes get it too.

>>> ** (emacs:9112): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus
>>> address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply.
>>> Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
>>> the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
>>> expired, or the network connection was broken.
>>
>> I often see this when I'm logged in as an Administrator.  I think it's
>> harmless and can be ignored.
>>
>>> (emacs:9112): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_window_parse_geometry() called on a
>>> window with no visible children; the window should be set up before
>>> gtk_window_parse_geometry() is called.
>>
>> This can also be ignored.  I think it's been fixed upstream.
>>
>>> (emacs:9112): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader:
>>> Image type 'xpm' is not supported
>>
>> This one I haven't seen.  Do you have libXpm4 installed?
>
> I've installed all libXpm4 packages, but they didn't change anything.
> Can I do anything else to avoid the confusing error and warning messages?

Not that I know of.  Sorry.

Ken