* Cygwin userid includes domain id (domain+userid) - how to fix it?
       [not found] <963696187.1164864.1657915836830.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2022-07-15 20:10 ` Rajesh Ekkaladevi
From: Rajesh Ekkaladevi @ 2022-07-15 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,
I'm facing an issue where when I installed Cygwin on my new work laptop it is showing my id as my userid with the work group id (CISCO+rekkalad).
I would like to know why it is doing that which was not the case before.  Also, is there a way to remove the domain id from my id?  The reason I need to fix this the id portion has become longer and unnecessarily cluttering the prompt where I display it.  Also, when I ssh to different hosts I've to tell to use my userid alone or update a special file to provide this info on SSH.

It would be great if this issue can be fixed.
Thanks,Rajesh.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-07-15 20:10 UTC | newest]