From: "Stone, Timothy M" <tstone@ida.org>
To: "cygwin@cygwin.com" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: RE: [EXT] Re: XWin copy/paste succeeds on Windows 7, crashes on Windows 11 Enterprise.
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 19:44:40 +0000	[thread overview]

Using these system commands gives the exact same results as in my app:

Ctrl-insert or Ctrl-c:  Should "copy", but crashes every time.

Shift-Delete or Ctrl-x:  Should "cut", but crashes every time.

Shift-insert or Ctrl-v:  Should "paste", but does nothing if I have the cursor positioned.
Actually, if I have some characters highlighted, they go away, as if I pasted "nothing".  At least it doesn't crash!
Perhaps because the cygwin clipboard is empty and it isn't for some reason using the system clipboard, it special cases to just remove the characters and not crash?

PS I have obviously started xwin with "-clipboard" (since it works on Windows 7).  It should see the system clipboard and paste that value.