* RE: Using MicroImages X Server with x11r6 NT binaries
@ 1997-03-28  5:57 Sergey Okhapkin
       [not found] ` <sos@prospect.com.ru>
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-03-28  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Myles Bogner'

Myles Bogner wrote:
>         I have downloaded and unpacked both MicroImages X Server and
> x11r6bin_tar.Z.  I can get the X Server to display X programs from a remote
> UNIX box.  However, I cannot figure out how to use it with the Client files
> I downloaded.  For example, I start the X Server and then attempt to run
> oclock, and get Error: Can't open display:   .  How do I set the display
> locally?  I'm running Win 95.

Set environment variable DISPLAY to localhost:0, or run "oclock -display localhost:0"

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia

-

* gnu smalltalk.1.1.5
       [not found] ` <sos@prospect.com.ru>
@ 1997-03-28 10:13   ` John F. Kolen
From: John F. Kolen @ 1997-03-28 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Has anyone successfuly compiled & installed smalltalk-1.1.5 under the
gnu-win32 environment?   After many hours, I was able to get it to compile
and read the builtin files.  It crashes, however, when it tries to read
the image file.

Any help is appreciated.

--
John F. Kolen				voice: (904)474-3075
Assistant Professor			fax:   (904)474-3023

@ 1997-03-28 10:32 ` Fabio Somenzi
From: Fabio Somenzi @ 1997-03-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

 SO> Myles Bogner wrote:
 >> I have downloaded and unpacked both MicroImages X Server and
 >> x11r6bin_tar.Z.  I can get the X Server to display X programs from
 >> a remote UNIX box.  However, I cannot figure out how to use it
 >> with the Client files I downloaded.  For example, I start the X
 >> Server and then attempt to run oclock, and get Error: Can't open
 >> display: .  How do I set the display locally?  I'm running Win 95.

 SO> Set environment variable DISPLAY to localhost:0, or run "oclock
 SO> -display localhost:0"

I realize my question is off-topic for the list in general, but this
thread on X servers suggests that I'm more likely to find help here
than anywhere else.

I can compile X clients with gcc, run them locally with MicroImages's
X server. But I am unable to figure out what my dynamically assigned
IP is, so that I can set DISPLAY on the remote system.

Does anybody know of a way to do that. (I'm also running Win95.)

Thanks in advance.

Fabio

--
Fabio Somenzi          | Phone: 303-492-3466
University of Colorado | Fax:   303-492-2758

-

* Re: Using MicroImages X Server with x11r6 NT binaries
@ 1997-03-28 18:13   ` Ted Lemon
From: Ted Lemon @ 1997-03-28 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio; +Cc: gnu-win32

> I am unable to figure out what my dynamically assigned
> IP is, so that I can set DISPLAY on the remote system.

Run winipcfg.   It will tell you what your IP address is, among other
things.

			       _MelloN_
-