* Can gcc be installed on DEC Alpha NT easily ?
@ 1997-09-26  8:40 RANDLEENG
From: RANDLEENG @ 1997-09-26  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Can gcc be installed on DEC Alpha NT easily ?

I've only found references to Win95 and Intel-NT so far in the listed docu.

Would like to hear of any success stories.  Regards, George Robinson.
-

* Re: Can gcc be installed on DEC Alpha NT easily ?
@ 1997-09-27 14:31 ` Jason Zions
From: Jason Zions @ 1997-09-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RANDLEENG; +Cc: gnu-win32

We are 95% of the way done with a port of gcc/gpp to OpenNT on Alpha.
Considerable work was needed; gcc etc. has never been used to generate
NT/Alpha code, and there was indeed some stuff broken. (NT PE object
format, in particular, although there are some code generation
glitches.)

Once we have the compiler stable and self-hosted (i.e. can be used to
build itself; we used MSVC 4.0 as a bootstrap compiler) we'll be putting
the source up on http://www.opennt.com . Should be under a month from
now. An alpha-quality binary of gcc for OpenNT on Alpha is available
from the same place; the binary does require OpenNT. The source code
will not, of course.

Jason Zions
Softway Systems, Inc.
http://www.opennt.com