From: Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.edu>
To: earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Cc: Andrew Mickish <mickish@cmu.edu>,
	Glen Fullmer-EGF002 <Glen_Fullmer-EGF002@email.mot.com>,
	gnu-win32@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: dll, java, gcc, cygwin
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 09:45:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> writes:
> Please, group them together for ease of spliting the file, i.e.:
>
> ThisFunc=ThisFunc@8
> ThatFunc=ThatFunc@8
> ThisFunc@8
> ThatFunc@8

Earnie,

A good suggestion, but unfortunately that's going to be messy since all
the exports are sorted, and I don't really want to add special logic just
for this. Easiest way to split is to just re-create without the new
--add-stdcall-alias option (or use sed/perl/awk/what-not).

How about I add a special comment to each auto-added alias, such as
``added by --add-stdcall-alias'' that you can use to delete those lines?

There's always an easy way out -- use sed or perl. For example, to turn
foo.def:

  EXPORTS
  	foo@1 @ 1;		add alias to this
	blah @ 2;		don't mess with this one

into foo2.def:

  EXPORTS
  	foo = foo@1 @ 1;	add alias to this
	blah @ 2;		don't mess with this one

I would use the following:

  $ < foo.def > foo2.def \

But, since regexp seem to give people a stomach ache, I've added the
--add-stdcall-alias (and hopefully soon I'll upload a new version of
dllhelpers package that includes this dlltool and an enhanced dllwrap
that adds a few useful features).

Note that the regexp above is almost the same as the one used in binutils
to recognize IDs, except for the missing '@' in \1.

Regards,
Mumit

-