* Installation of Apache2 out of the box cannot find some shared library
@ 2010-07-13 10:35 Jørgen Steensgaard
From: Jørgen Steensgaard @ 2010-07-13 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

This is the reaction when I try to start apache:

  $/usr/sbin/apachectl2 start
  /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open

Checking httpd2.exe with ldd leads to a list of shared libraries that are all
present.

Cygwin was downloaded 1 july, 2010 and nothing has been recompiled.

Can anyone help me out?

* Re: Installation of Apache2 out of the box cannot find some shared library
@ 2010-07-13 16:05 ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2010-07-13 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 7/13/2010 3:24 AM, Jørgen Steensgaard wrote:
> This is the reaction when I try to start apache:
>
>   $/usr/sbin/apachectl2 start
>   /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open
>   shared object file: No such file or directory

Try "strace /usr/sbin/httpd2 -k start". It might tell you what library
is missing.

The fashion wears out more apparel than the man.
                -- William Shakespeare, "Much Ado About Nothing"

* Re: Installation of Apache2 out of the box cannot find some shared library
@ 2010-07-13 17:17   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2010-07-13 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--- Mar 13/7/10, David Rothenberger  ha scritto:

> On 7/13/2010 3:24 AM, Jørgen
> Steensgaard wrote:
> > This is the reaction when I try to start apache:
> >
> >   $/usr/sbin/apachectl2 start
> >   /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe: error while
> >   shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Try "strace /usr/sbin/httpd2 -k start". It might tell you
> what library
> is missing.

also cygcheck /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe

ldd can not currently identify missing 2nd level dll

> --
> David Rothenberger  ----

Marco

* Re: Installation of Apache2 out of the box cannot find some shared library
@ 2010-07-14  1:44     ` Refr Bruhl
From: Refr Bruhl @ 2010-07-14  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri; +Cc: Cygwin Mail List

Put this in your profile before you run configure

# GCC Options
export LDFLAGS=-no-undefined

Its the libtool causing issues during compile time.

Luck!

--- Mar 13/7/10, David Rothenberger  ha scritto:

> On 7/13/2010 3:24 AM, Jørgen
> Steensgaard wrote:
> > This is the reaction when I try to start apache:
> >
> >   $/usr/sbin/apachectl2 start
> >   /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe: error while
> >   shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Try "strace /usr/sbin/httpd2 -k start". It might tell you
> what library
> is missing.

also cygcheck /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe

ldd can not currently identify missing 2nd level dll

> --
> David Rothenberger  ----

Marco