* Problems with BASH-Shell under NT and nohup
@ 1998-01-16  6:01 Walterskoetter, Ralf, NT31
From: Walterskoetter, Ralf, NT31 @ 1998-01-16  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'

Hello World!

We want to use a windows NT-machine with a bash-shell like a
unix-machine.
For our very time-intensive numerical jobs we need to start them with
nohup in order to get the possibility to logoff or to start jobs via
telepone.
There?s no docu about nohup and if we start nohup only an error message
"bash.exe: (null)" occurs.

Who can help me??

=================================
Ralf Walterskoetter
Siemens AG KWU NT31
Abt. fur Waerme- und Stroemungstechnik
Tel:      +49 9131 18-2284
Fax:     +49 9131 18-2851
            +49 9131 18-4959
E-Mail: Ralf.Walterskoetter@erl11.siemens.de

* Re: Problems with BASH-Shell under NT and nohup
@ 1998-01-19 15:26 ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1998-01-19 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

>Hello World!
>
>We want to use a windows NT-machine with a bash-shell like a
>unix-machine.
>For our very time-intensive numerical jobs we need to start them with
>nohup in order to get the possibility to logoff or to start jobs via
>telepone.
>There?s no docu about nohup and if we start nohup only an error message
>"bash.exe: (null)" occurs.
>
>Who can help me??

AFAIK there is no chance to achieve this other than running the job as a
service (for example with instrv from the NT ResKit) or scheduling it
with the AT command, which might be a bit easier.

>=================================
>Ralf Walterskoetter

BYe.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-

* Re: Problems with BASH-Shell under NT and nohup
@ 1998-01-20  3:56 ` P.J. Kersten
From: P.J. Kersten @ 1998-01-20  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Walterskoetter, Ralf, NT31; +Cc: 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'

Walterskoetter,Ralf, NT31 wrote:

> Hello World!
>
> We want to use a windows NT-machine with a bash-shell like a
> unix-machine.
> For our very time-intensive numerical jobs we need to start them with
> nohup in order to get the possibility to logoff or to start jobs via
> telepone.
> There?s no docu about nohup and if we start nohup only an error message
> "bash.exe: (null)" occurs.
>
> Who can help me??

Use NT's 'at' instead.

HTH,