Hello, Recently I installed Cygwin on an XP computer at home. But when I execute Cygwin.bat (contents below), the bash shell does not read my ~/.profile (contents below). $ cat /Cygwin.bat @echo off C: chdir C:\cygwin\bin bash --login -i pgc92@polaris ~ $ cat .profile export PERL5LIB=~/downloads/bioperl/bioperl-live So, that when I type "echo $PERL5LIB" I don't get any output. I've attached the output from cygcheck -s -v -r as well. Thank you for your help, Paul Paul Cantalupo University of Pittsburgh