* build cygwin apps on linux
@ 2010-08-20  1:19 Slide
From: Slide @ 2010-08-20  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've looked through the archives and saw some messages about building
a cross-compiler to build cygwin apps on linux, but most of those
messages/articles are pretty old. Has anyone done this recently with
more recent GCC and Cygwin versions?

Thanks,

slide

* Re: build cygwin apps on linux
@ 2010-08-20  1:22 ` Huang Bambo
From: Huang Bambo @ 2010-08-20  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've build gcc 4.4.0 for arm in cygwin.

@ 2010-08-20  1:40 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-08-20  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 06:18:11PM -0700, Slide wrote:
>I've looked through the archives and saw some messages about building
>a cross-compiler to build cygwin apps on linux, but most of those
>messages/articles are pretty old. Has anyone done this recently with
>more recent GCC and Cygwin versions?

Yes.

cgf

* Re: build cygwin apps on linux
@ 2010-08-20  8:24   ` Slide
From: Slide @ 2010-08-20  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 06:18:11PM -0700, Slide wrote:
>>I've looked through the archives and saw some messages about building
>>a cross-compiler to build cygwin apps on linux, but most of those
>>messages/articles are pretty old. Has anyone done this recently with
>>more recent GCC and Cygwin versions?
>
> Yes.
>
> cgf
>
> --

Do you have a list of steps you took or what packages you needed? I'd
like to build a cross compiler that I can use on my Linux box that has
the same GCC version and same Cygwin packages as the current Cygwin
releases.

Thanks,

slide