Okay, so after the latest set of updates, this still seems to happen. Attached is the XWin.0.log file. I am running this in Virtualbox, so it is possible that this issue has something to do with that? Hamish On 07/09/2019 19:50, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote: > I was starting with "startxwin &" in the Cygwin terminal. Is this the > wrong way to do it? > > I'll try that soon and get back to you. > > This was before the latest set of updates to Xorg and the openGL > libraries, so it could be that it had something to do with the missing > libEGL dependency - I will try again now, and hopefully it will work > :). If it's any help, I'm running Cygwin on Windows 7. > > Hamish > > On 07/09/2019 16:11, Jon Turney wrote: >> On 05/09/2019 11:28, Hamish MB wrote: >>> libraries. Additionally, the xwin server refuses to start if more than >>> one display is present, for reasons I don't understand. >> >> That is unusual. >> >> I assume you are trying to start via the start menu shortcut? >> >> Does starting it as 'XWin -multiwindow' work? >> >> If not, can you provide the /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log? >>