* RE: Running cygwin cron under WinXP SP1
@ 2004-02-20 20:43 Harig, Mark
From: Harig, Mark @ 2004-02-20 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Hind, cygwin

> The only thing I hadn't done before was the mkpasswd -l -d
> and mkgroup
> -l -d on first run of the original install, so don't know if
> that made a
> difference, but its working now.

It does make a difference, and this problem is detected by
the diagnostic script.  When the problem is detected, it
recommends that the user perform the steps that you took
above.

* Re: Running cygwin cron under WinXP SP1
@ 2004-02-20  9:30 ` Russell Hind
From: Russell Hind @ 2004-02-20  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Russell Hind wrote:

> I have just installed the latest cygwin and set up cron to run using

Thanks for your replies.  I have it working now by uninstalling cygwin
and re-installing it from the web (I had installed it a couple of weeks
back and then added cron later).

The only thing I hadn't done before was the mkpasswd -l -d and mkgroup
-l -d on first run of the original install, so don't know if that made a
difference, but its working now.

Cheers

Russell

* RE: Running cygwin cron under WinXP SP1
@ 2004-02-19 15:49 Harig, Mark
From: Harig, Mark @ 2004-02-19 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Hind, cygwin

Please read the message in the Cygwin mailing list at:

It will provide you with a script that will attempt
to diagnose the problem that you are having with cron.

@ 2004-02-19 14:02   ` Brian Kelly
From: Brian Kelly @ 2004-02-19 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Be sure you leave a blank line at the bottom of the crontab. This a
little
detail that is often overlooked - but one that would have been
discovered with a little research on unix cron. (cron of course has
*life* outside of cygwin) I'm not at all suggesting that this is the
problem - just one more thing to be aware of.

Brian Kelly

From: Thorsten Kampe @ 2004-02-19 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2004-02-19 11:40 Russell Hind