* Shortcut problem on Win XP
@ 2005-07-17 12:33 Jacob Waller
From: Jacob Waller @ 2005-07-17 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!
I wan't to be able to run a fontforge script (with the cygwin version of
fontforge running on a Win XP) from a PHP script, and I'm not sure if it's
the easiest way to go, but I thought of making a shortcut that the PHP
script could run... but how do I do that?

The command i want to run looks like this:
fontforge -script fontscript.pe arg1 arg2 arg3

Could you please tell me how to do it, or at least point me to some
information that shows me.
Best regards /Jacob

* Re: Shortcut problem on Win XP
@ 2005-07-17 13:44 ` Lasse
From: Lasse @ 2005-07-17 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Jacob Waller wrote:
> Hi!
> I wan't to be able to run a fontforge script (with the cygwin version of
> fontforge running on a Win XP) from a PHP script, and I'm not sure if
> it's the easiest way to go, but I thought of making a shortcut that the
> PHP script could run... but how do I do that?
>
> The command i want to run looks like this:
> fontforge -script fontscript.pe arg1 arg2 arg3
>
> Could you please tell me how to do it, or at least point me to some
> information that shows me.
> Best regards /Jacob

No need for a shortcut... Just use one of PHP's command execution
functions: http://php.net/manual/en/ref.exec.php

--
/Lasse

* Re: Shortcut problem on Win XP
@ 2005-07-17 19:36   ` Jacob Waller
From: Jacob Waller @ 2005-07-17 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lasse, cygwin

>From: Lasse <lasse@yrk.dk>
>To: cygwin@cygwin.com
>Subject: Re: Shortcut problem on Win XP
>Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:43:25 +0200
>
>Jacob Waller wrote:
>>Hi!
>>I wan't to be able to run a fontforge script (with the cygwin version of
>>fontforge running on a Win XP) from a PHP script, and I'm not sure if it's
>>the easiest way to go, but I thought of making a shortcut that the PHP
>>script could run... but how do I do that?
>>
>>The command i want to run looks like this:
>>fontforge -script fontscript.pe arg1 arg2 arg3
>>
>>Could you please tell me how to do it, or at least point me to some
>>information that shows me.
>>Best regards /Jacob
>
>No need for a shortcut... Just use one of PHP's command execution
>functions: http://php.net/manual/en/ref.exec.php
>
>--
>/Lasse

Sorry, but I still don't get it... how do I make the script run in bash with
a single command?
Could you post an example please?
Thanks in advance /Jacob