On 23/07/2012 9:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Jul 21 13:09, Aaron Schneider wrote: >> On 21/07/2012 11:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote: >> >> Not at all. I mean that fedora live dvd sees the virtual raid device >> md126 while cygwin doesn't under /dev. > > Oh, come one. You wrote a mail exclusively with Linux content. How > was anybody supposed to know this is about Cygwin at all? > > Cygwin lists the devices which are harddisks in terms of the native NT > namespace. What you see are the translations of the device names > \Device\HarddiskX\PartitionY to /dev/sd*. > If the device you're referring to is is not available as device in > this notation, you won't see it. > > If you can find the NT equivalent of your Linux md126 device in the > native NT namespace under /proc/sys/Device, we can talk about covering > them somehow. Other than that, you can probably access it via > /cygdrive/, right? > > > Corinna > You are right that I wasn't clear enough in the title, sorry for that. As well I made a mistake in naming, the c: drive in windows (which is mounted in /cygdrive/c/) is md123p3 in linux not md123 which is the whole raid volume. But, taking it back into windows, I've found that the raid volume is at either of these locations: \\.\PhysicalDrive0 \Device\Harddisk0\Partition0 /proc/sys/Device/Harddisk0/DR0 /proc/sys/Device/Harddisk0/Partition0 -> /proc/sys/Device/Harddisk0/DR0 IDE\DISKVOLUME01.0.00__\4&A4B6A57&0&0.0.0 Here is also the attachment Volume0_raid_info.txt with extensive information.