I have been using Cygwin for many years, although I wouldn't call myself an advanced user. I'm working with some much newer users. They set up Cygwin, but I didn't see them do it. I ran "uname -a" and it was about the same as mine. I compared the output of "env|sort" and I saw some differences, but I can't tell if they were significant. When I run the following command: kubectl config use-context dev2ff It works perfectly fine, setting the correct context. When this user I'm working with runs the same command, he gets this (replacing his userid with "..."): error: FindFirstFile C:\cygwin64\home\.../.kube/config: The directory name is invalid. He did have "HOME=/c/Users/...", but I had him change it to "/home/...", but that didn't make any difference. I'm not sure what could be happening here.