On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 12:15 PM gh via Cygwin wrote: > > Dear all, > > Sorry if this question was already answered somewhere in the FAQ. > > > > I am running a deprecated 32bits version, and want to switch to 64bits. Install procedure is easy, but does not cover one thing : I > would like to preserve the list of packages I have installed, and minimize the change of paths in my windows environment (did not > change anything for the last 10 years, so I don't want to dig into where are things). > > > > Currently, cygwin is in C:\cygwin, which I have moved to C:\cygwin-bck. I then want to install in the now almost empty C:\cygwin, > but copying there the necessary config files so that setup-x86_64.exe knows which packages to download. > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > > Gilbert > Hi Gilbert, No need to rename the directory as the Cygwin 64 bit will be installed in C:\Cygwin64 folder Attached the script that I use to reinstall my system on different computers. It can be adapted to duplicate the 32bit in a 64 bit installation Assuming your file list is not longer than 32K, this should work : chmod + x cyg-reinstall.sh sed -e "1d" /etc/setup/installed.db | sed -e "s/ .*$//" > filelist.txt ./cyg-reinstall.sh -f filelist.txt cp cyg-reinstall-x86.bat cyg-reinstall-x86_64.bat sed -i -e "s/setup-x86.exe/setup-x86_64.exe/" cyg-reinstall-x86_64.bat if the "filelist.txt" is too long you can split in multiple chunks, like: grep -v "^lib" filelist.txt > nolib-list.txt grep "^lib" filelist.txt > lib-list.txt I usually need to split mine, as my installation hit the 32K limit of command line wc -l *.txt 2608 filelist.txt 1297 lib-list.txt 1311 nolib-list.txt ls -1s *.txt 40K filelist.txt 20K lib-list.txt 20K nolib-list.txt Regards Marco