Attached is the strace output. Thanks, Barry On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 5:09 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Oct 12 18:59, Barry Roberts wrote: >> I've used cygwin for lots of years, and this is kind of weird to me. >> My operations guys set up some Windows Server 2012 R2 servers with >> Cygwin x86-64 2.2.1. >> >> There's a CIFS mount (from an HNAS) that I use a lot that is giving me >> problems. For example: >> >> $ ls /cygdrive/m/install >> ls: cannot access /cygdrive/m/install: Bad address > > Would you mind to run strace in this scenario: > > $ strace -o ls.trace ls /cygdrive/m/install > > and attach the ls.trace file here? > >> >> But: >> $ ls m:/install >> >> Works just great. >> >> Using /cygdrive/m I can list the contents of the root of the drive, >> but I can't read any files. And any subdirectory just gives me the >> "Bad address" error. Everything (except completion) works just fine >> with m:/ paths. >> >> This isn't a huge deal. I mostly use cygwin on these servers to >> manage them with scripts, so I've changed my configuration variables >> to : paths and everything seems to work. But I did >> spend nearly half a day figuring this out, so I'm curious if there's a >> configuration problem or a known issue that my searches haven't >> uncovered yet. > > Nothing I'd be aware of. > > > Thanks, > Corinna > > -- > Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to > Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com > Red Hat