I was looking for a utility to forward traffic from a legacy application which is not IP6 aware to a newer one which is; doing some research, socat seemed to fit my needs, so I installed it. However, it did not understand TCP6 options of IPv6 format addresses, and "socat -V" revealed that it had been built with "#undef WITH_IP6". Not sure why this was, I downloaded the source and tried to use cygport to build it myself, but the configuration test for IPv6 support failed, so it still disabled it. I had thought that cygwin 1.7 had IPv6 support, but http://blog.gentilkiwi.com/programmes/socat#englishversion seems to imply that it's not "native". (I understand that that page seems to be for a non-official release, and there's no date on it, so I can't be sure which version of Cygwin it's even referring to, but it seems to be the only place that actually makes a statement on the issue...) Is there an inherent limitation in IPv6 support under Cygwin that will keep socat from working, or did I just miss my opportunity in the cygport build step that can actually get it to work? I'm running Windows 7, and IPv6 support seems to be enabled on my computer; ipconfig does show my computer as having an IPv6 address, for instance, and I can use the Windows telnet tool to connect to my IPv6 server at that address. Cygcheck attached.