Dear Sir/Madam, I have installed cygwin and ns2 through install from local directory option(dowloaded packages priorly). I got a successful in installation. I have executed the .tcl file in xwin and got the output and properly exited the windows. After sometime I came to execute other .tcl program but i got an error when i give *startxwin * in the cygwin prompt. the error is* "startxwin: Resource temporarily unavailable. Another X server instance is running at DISPLAY:0"*. How to rectify this error. THANK YOU. WARM REGARDS, RAMYA D