Dear sir/madam, I have installed cygwin 3.3 from the cygwin.com (given install from internet option) for windows 7 32-bit system. I have followed the instructions to install. after installing cygwin I tried to install ns2 in the cygwin command prompt. I received the error as *gcc* not found. Again i tried to install but i couldnt fint the gcc package in the list. how to rectify it? In other system I have installed it through install from local directory option(dowloaded packages priorly). I got a successful in installation. I have executed the .tcl file in xwin and got the output and properly exited the windows. After sometime I came to execute other .tcl program but i got an error when i give *startxwin * in the cygwin prompt. the error is* "startxwin: Resource temporarily unavailable. Another X server instance is running at DISPLAY:0"*. How to rectify this error. Installed in windows 10 system but I got an error as Server unavailable.how to rectify this. do the needful as soon as possible.